Friends of the Congregational Library
The Friends’ main aim is to help the development of the Congregational Library and get its resources better known and used. To this end the Friends:
- publish a Newsletter twice a year which carries articles on the Library’s collections and current research activity and is free to members;
- arrange an the annual Congregational Lecture and issue the published copy free to members;
- support the purchase of books and manuscripts;
- offer members the opportunity of training in simple book conservation and support an Adopt a Book scheme;
- plan conferences and open days to publicise select parts of the collection.
- organise a Summer event for members which includes a visit to a place of special interest, as well as reports on on-going or intended research work.
Please help the Library conserve and develop its unique collection of Dissenting literature and archival material and widen its use in scholarship, research and study.
Membership of the Friends costs only £10 annually. Additional donations are always welcome. The membership year begins on 1 April.
Membership forms are available to download here. Please return the form to the Secretary, Friends of the Congregational Library, 14 Gordon Square, London WC1H 0AR.