The collections of the Congregational Library are divided into Printed Books and Manuscripts/Archives.
The latter are further divided into three separate categories:
- The main body of manuscripts collected by the Library. A listing of this collection can now be viewed on the National Register of Archives website.
- The Archives of the Congregational Union of England and Wales/Congregational Church in England and Wales.
- The Archives of the Congregational Memorial Hall Trust.
Some details have been added of manuscripts and archives with a special interest for Women’s Studies. These are divided into:
- Manuscripts relating to well-known figures(women with entries in the Dictionary of National Biography or Dictionary of American Biography, or related to someone with an entry therein).
- Manuscripts relating to lesser-known figures(anonymous or hitherto neglected).
- Archives of the Congregational Union relating to the history of women within the denomination.